Friday, July 5, 2013

Anarchy Of Flames

There were times when
you and I
would blow smoke rings
around the moon
and watch them circle back
to embrace us
like halos around our necks

There were times when
I would get so angry
at the world
and myself
that I would drape my feet
in cement shoes
and dive into your corneas
to let them wash away
everything

There were times when
your frown would break
the world
but you would repair the cracks
with your delicate hands
while singing a love song
for us
then I would pull you aside
to kiss you
deep as a grave
and you would smile
so the world would heal itself
looking more beautiful
than it ever did

There was a time when
your celestial body
lifted itself above mine
hurled at me in an anarchy of flames
and my body turned to ash
and the remains sailed in the wind
for a thousand years
before manipulating themselves
into letters
into words
into this poem
for you

No comments:

Post a Comment